Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trust

Trust in the Lord....
What can you trust the Lord to do?

Can you trust Him to let you have what you want?
Can you trust Him to save what you love?
Can you trust Him to keep you from harm?
Can you trust Him to save your life?
Can you trust Him to give you what you need?
Can you trust Him to do the best thing for everyone?
Will that be the best thing for you?
Will that be what you want?
Will you be happy anyway?

It's not looking like God's going to give me my concert.

In the book Is that really you God? the first YWAMer's wanted to buy a ship, paint it white, and use it to bring food and medical supplies to the islands of the South Pacific. But, they got their heart set on one ship, and they got so excited about it that they forgot to give the glory to God. When he convicted them of this they knew that, after they changed their thinking, God could either heal their dream, or they could let it die and he would resurrect it in whatever form or timing he chose. Well he did bring it back to life, they had to wait longer for it to happen , but it was just as spectacular as they had dreamed it would be.

So, God could heal my dream, and it will be good enough. Or I could let it die, and He could raise it up somewhere else, and it would be amazingly awesome, but it won't be what I wanted.

Lord, help me to let it go, help me to be ok with it, help me to trust you, and help me to mean it.

Trust is such a funny word. When I have a little boy I think I'll name him Trustin.

1 comment:

  1. Portia, My dear niece you have done the BEST that you can with what you have in getting your way to New Zealand working as you know that Jesus wants for your hopes are not shattered in anyway.YOU WILL find that in time, You are meant for great things as we all are on this learning place called earth and yes I know I said something similar on your Facebook page about not giving up but here is what uncle Matt sees, WE ALL strive for hopefulness even when WE ARE DOWN...yet mostly "WE ARE HURT BY THE WAY OF THE WORLD" as I phrase it. "WE have to remember Loves abound in many forms just try asking Jesus instead "HOW COME or WHY NOT ME?, Okay I'm understanding that somethings are HARD NO MATTER WHAT EVEN THOUGH YOU LOVE ME and I LOVE YOU looking at this from both sides I NEED THE RIGHT SIGN IN A FAR DIFFERENT WAY of the answer to this one bugging question!" remember LOVE is the ANSWER NO MATTER WHAT THE QUESTION IS,OK? LOVE UNCLE MATT

    ReplyDelete