Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

One step at a time

I've been doing a lot to get ready for the concert next month, but it's kind of being a pain in the behind right now. So here's what I did/am doing to get ready for the trip outside of that:
  1. Stayed at the Platt's house for a weekend to get to know their family better from a nanny's perspective. Max and I had a little contest to see who was gonna be the boss, but he loved me by the time I had to go. We plan to get together a few more times before we leave. 
  2. Sent in a resume and the 8 page application to YWAM so I can work in the Creche (preschool) room while I'm there.
  3. Got a new passport, because the one I used when I went to Australia expired the 25th of March.
  4. Sent out sponsor letters to let my far away family in on what's happening, and of course to ask for money  :P
  5. Went to the doctor to make sure I was all up to date on my immunizations.  It turned out I only needed one shot, and my CBC came back normal.  :)
  6. Reading Loren Cunningham's book 'Is that really you God?'. His autobiography about learning to hear the voice of God, and starting Youth With A Mission.
  7. Gathering tips and tricks for how to pack for 6 months in one suitcase. (I really don't want to have to leave my fashion sense behind...)

1 comment:

  1. Portia,
    I am so excited for you to start your new adventure!! :) I lived out of a suitcase for nine months when I worked with a mission team in the U.S. and one tip I would suggest is putting dryer sheets in your suitcase! It helps keep everything smelling fresh! :)

    Miss you dear! I'll be reading about your adventures, and missing you around SAI Time!
    Joy Polnaszek

    ReplyDelete